Work for Us
Posted: Mon, 22 May 2023 15:00
Do you want to join Active Together and help the people of Leicestershire, Leicester and Rutland get moving?
Active Together are working at the forefront of promoting physical activity and sports participation, working tirelessly to create inclusive and engaging opportunities for people of all ages and abilities across Leicestershire, Leicester, and Rutland (LLR). Active Together work collaboratively with a range of partners within the LLR area who share their ambition to reduce inequalities in physical activity and to help communities realise the benefits of a more physically active life.
As an Assistant Sports Development Officer, you will play a key role in supporting the Sports Development Manager and Sports Development Officer with the successful delivery of programmes and initiatives linked to the Active Together Partnership Physical Activity Framework.
Examples of projects (although not a definitive list)
- Universal and targeted programmes to raise physical activity in low participating groups and settings across the life-course eg. Older People Programmes (Steady Steps, Golden Games), Children & Young People Programmes, School Games, Team Leicestershire), Early Years Programmes (Fundamental Movement, Activity Cards).
- Programmes to raise the awareness of health and wellbeing benefits of physical activity to professionals, settings and communities eg. Annual Conference, Network meetings, Programme Resource Development, Programme Specific Newsletters, CPD Training, Online Portals.
- Local and National Physical Activity Campaigns to reduce inactivity and increase participation eg. Let's Get Moving, CMO Guidelines.
- Programmes to support access to physical activity facilities within communities eg. Opening Schools Facilities, Blue & Green Social Prescribing, Active Travel
- Encouraging people to take responsibility for embedding physical activity into their daily lives eg. digital physical activity resources.
To apply for this post you must be able to demonstrate the following knowledge, experience and skills:
- Education to a minimum of NVQ Level 3 in a relevant area, or equivalent level of experience in the areas associated to the role
- Experience and/or significant interest in sport, physical activity, health & wellbeing, and/or community development
- Experience successfully supporting the planning and delivery of programmes, projects, interventions and/or initiatives
- Good organisational, planning and presentation skills, able to write updates/reports, and a sound working knowledge of Microsoft Office ie. Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook
- Can communicate effectively both internally with colleagues and externally with a variety of local, regional and national partners, stakeholders and community groups and organisations
- Strong team player with good interpersonal skills and ability to work on own initiative
- Awareness of the wider issues/barriers related to sport, physical activity, and health & wellbeing.
For full information and details on how to apply, follow the link below:
(Source & Image: Active Together)